Ghana local pepper Recipe Ingredients shito
- 15 large Onion
- 1 cup dried Herrings
- Vegetable cooking oil
- garlic, ginger, nutmeg, powdered cloves,food
- 11 Peel off the onions, ginger and garlic
2 Wash well and chop into big chunks
3 Put the onion chunks into a big pot of cooking oil
4 Add the ginger, gar
- 25 Take the vegetables from the oil and allow to cool a little bit
6 Put the oil back on the hub and add the tomato puree till it separated.
7 Blend the vegetables in the blender/processor
- 38 Add to the tomato puree
9 Keep stirring and allow to cook for about10 -15 min, till there are some foams on the top of the sauce.
10 Add the dried ingredients, thus the powdered shrimps and herrings.
11 Add the season
- 412 Add the dried powdered pepper
13 Allow to simmer on a low heat till the colour is dark brown.